Terms & Conditions for Boarding
The Terms and Conditions set out an agreement between ‘you’ the owner, The
Rutland Pet Nanny and the chosen carer ‘the carer’
1. Submission of a Booking Form will confirm the owner/s acceptance of the Terms
and Conditions and their desire to progress with a Booking.
2. Bookings are not confirmed until the deposit has been paid, which is due at the
time of submitting the Booking Form. You agree to make all future bookings
through The Rutland Pet Nanny and agree not to contact carers directly to
confirm availability or arrange boarding.
3. The remaining balance will be due to the carer, in cash on arrival day of your
4. Cancellations must be notified to The Rutland Pet Nanny in writing within 24
hours of the ‘meet and greet’ or within 14 days of booking, whichever is first. At
the ‘meet and greet’ should you be unhappy with the choice of carer your
deposit will be fully refunded or an alternative carer suggested, provided you
notify us within 24 hours of the ‘meet and greet’ or ,if this falls within it, the 14
day period after booking. Should you cancel for any other reason after 14 days
of booking or after the 24 hour period following the ‘meet and greet’ your deposit
will be retained.
5. You agree to provide full and detailed information in the Booking Form about
your dog/s. During your continued use of The Rutland Pet Nanny services you
agree to keep us informed of any changes to your dog/s Booking Form.
6. All dogs must be up to date with their vaccinations, worming, tick and flea
treatments. You must provide the carer with the vaccination booklet at the start
of each board. You further agree to deliver you dog in a clean condition.
7. All dogs must be microchipped and the microchip number must be supplied to
The Rutland Pet Nanny for a board to commence.
8. Your agreement with the carer and The Rutland Pet Nanny is upon a mutually
satisfactory ‘meet and greet’ taking place at the carer home prior to the board.
You agree to contact the chosen carer as soon as possible having received the
Booking Confirmation Form to arrange the ‘meet and greet’
9. In the event of any emergency if the carer is unable to proceed with the board
we will endeavour to transfer the board to another carer. We reserve the right at
our discretion to cancel the booking and refund your deposit without any liability
to The Rutland Pet Nanny.
10. We are unable to accept dogs with aggression problems towards other dogs or
people and subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
11. We are happy to accept bookings for unspayed bitches, however if you believe
your dog is due into season during her board you must inform us at the time of
booking. If the chosen carer is not happy to accept your bitch in season we will
endeavour to transfer the board. If we are unable to do so we will cancel as per
the terms in section 9.
12. You agree to supply enough food for the duration of your dog’s board plus water
and food bowls, bedding, lead and any toys which will help your dog to settle. If
insufficient food is supplied at the start of the board you agree to refund the
carer or The Rutland Pet Nanny costs incurred purchasing more food.
13. If your dog causes damage to the carer’s home, other than reasonable tear and
wear, you agree to reimburse any reasonable cost incurred by the carer in this
14. If you collect your dog before the confirmed end date of the board you will not
receive a refund.
15. If your dog is aggressive or bites during its board it will be moved to a kennel
and a transfer fee of £20.00 will be payable by yourself upon your return. There
will be no refund of the boarding fees you have paid to The Rutland Pet Nanny
and any additional fees charged by the kennels will be payable by you.
16. The Rutland Pet Nanny and / or the carer will use all care to ensure the
happiness, safety and welfare of your dog/s. If however your dog becomes
unwell or has an accident during his board we will take him to a Veterinary
Surgery. You agree to be responsible for payment of veterinary fees incurred
upon your return. We do recommend that your dog is insured against sickness,
accident, injury and third party liability prior to the start of the board. The booking
form gives the carer authorisation to take your dog/s to the Vet’s if necessary,
whilst also confirming you will either reimburse the carer or The Rutland Pet
Nanny any fees or pay the Veterinary Surgery directly, which-ever applies.
17. It is The Rutland Pet Nanny’s policy to exercise all dogs on a lead, through
experience we have found this to be in the best interests of the dog. However, if
you would prefer your dog exercised off lead you will be required to complete an
Off Lead Authorisation Form at the ‘meet and greet’, under which you accept
responsibility for third party liability and agree that your dog/s is insured
(including third party liability cover). In the event of your dog not being insured at
the start of the board we reserve the right to exercise your dog on a lead.
18. Although we make every effort to ensure your dog/s is cared for to our usual
high standards we cannot be liable for loss, injury or death.
19. Photos taken of your dog/s during the board will be the property of The Rutland
Pet Nanny and the carer and may be shared on our website and social media
sites. Should you not wish for your dogs photos to be shared please let us know.
Please note no details of your dogs exact holiday location will be given out, the
security of dogs is paramount.